Thursday 29 May 2008

Countdown

Neil heads off tomorrow (30th of May) from Auckland and will overnight in Seoul before flying on to Urumqi. Poor bastard will arrive at 1.30 am on the 1st of June. I leave Saturday morning (31st) and overnight in Hong Kong before flying on to Urumqi. I also arrive on the 1st but at a much more respectable 6.45 pm. Neil will have the fun of finding the hostel we will be staying at briefly in the wee hours of Sunday morning and sorting everything out before I swan in later that day.

Mie and Yuuki (my wife and nearly 4 year old son) will be flying out with me on Saturday but from Hong Kong they will continue on to Japan where they will spend the next 2 months at Mie's mum's place. Neil's wife, Naoko, will be waiting patiently for nearly 6 weeks back home in New Zealand while she looks after their 3 kids Wakana, Gen and Kaze. (Yeah, I guess we'll both be paying for this holiday long after our Visa card balances are back on zero....!).

1 comment:

blueskies said...

Travel safe and have a great time. Fabulous opportunity; I'm sure you'll see plenty of changes to compare with 20 years ago - but perhaps a few that haven't changed at all!